[RTTY] SO2R (again) and the chicken (again)

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] SO2R (again) and the chicken (again)
From: wa9als at starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sat Jan 25 15:42:46 2003
> For instance, look at K3ZO - one of the best contesters you'll ever see.
> Fred is adamantly opposed to 2R operating and often comes in among the
> top ten, but I don't recall seeing a #1 finish in years.  Fred only does
> CW/SSB, but the principle holds.
>
> I never said one CAN'T win with 1R, just that 2R has a serious
> advantage.  And that is why the 2R guys do it, of course.  :-)

I agree.  And that's why guys improve their capability with better antennas
too, yet noone is asking that yagi/tower owners be segregated into their own
category.  Heck, SO2R is a cheaper proposition than acquiring space and
hardware for towers and yagis.  My problem with this subject is just where
to draw lines.  I don't even know exactly what makes for "more radios" -
Certainly the guys that have more than one VFO or additional listening-only
radios have an advantage too.

I know what you mean - You're talking about guys that are actively using 2
transceivers - I'm just noting that specing out that new category is fraught
with challenges.  73 - John, WA9ALS

P.S.  Anyone know why the chicken crossed the road?