[RTTY] SO2R (again)

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] SO2R (again)
From: aa5au at bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sat Jan 25 22:22:42 2003
I disagree.  I don't think I'm a very good SO1R operator.  A good SO1R operator
really has to work his/her tail off.  A really good SO1R is working twice as
hard as
an SO2R operator.  I admit, I'm spoiled now.  I could never go back to SO1R for
serious RTTY contesting.  SO2R is too easy and fun now.

Funny thing about it, I've tried SO2R on CW and just can't get the knack, so I
stay
strictly SO1R on CW.  But I haven't called out for a new class yet.  Hmmm....

Seriously guys, if those opposed to SO2R competing directly with SO1R stations
want a separate class, lobby the contest managers for your own class.  And be
prepared for the restrictions that will be placed upon you (such as BARTG SOAB
class).

I admire the likes of K4GMH and W1ZT that can make the number of QSO's they
do with one radio.  I honestly don't think I could compete against them SO1R.
It's
too much work and not as fun as SO2R (IMHO).

W1ZT (SO1R) has beaten me in every single BARTG Sprint when we've both been in
the
Expert class and going all out.  He gets at least a full hour head start on me
(nothing's open at 1200Z here but maybe 40),  but do I complain to BARTG that
it's
unfair?  No.  Do I care?  Certainly not.  I'm just thankful I have both arms,
two hands
and all my fingers, my sight and hearing and that I can play this wonderful
game of RTTY.

OK, back to the BARTG Sprint.

73, Don