[RTTY] SO2R (again)

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] SO2R (again)
From: etienne.rosseel at pandora.be (Etienne/ON7UI)
Date: Sat Jan 25 10:35:54 2003
> Why do 10,000 people run in the NYC Marathon? Do 9,000+ complain they
> they can't compete because they didn't train in the high altitudes of
> Kenya? Do they want they rules changed? No, most of them enter the
> race to have fun, and/or compete against themselves.
>
> 73,
> Barry, W2UP

Ok, but there also are 10000+ who are competing on
100,200,400,800,1000,5000,10000,cross,prof,amateur etc.
Most of them can make a choice to compete where they believe they are
good/best.
You trained for the marathon, because that was an option. In a contest
(=competition) I can only enter for fun.
If there would be more options, SO2R, SO1R,low/high,single,all band etc, at
least I could choose a category,
where I have the feeling to compete. I gradually lost interest in contesting
because there was no competition in it for me.
I can look for dx or having fun with rtty and my station every day,but in a
contest there must be some competition.
You can not compete against yourself in a contest. Conditions
(propagation,etc) are to different from your last reference.
Even to see if you did better than last year in a contest you have to look
at the other results in that contest.

Etienne/ON7UI