[RTTY] SO2R (again)

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] SO2R (again)
From: aa5au at bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sat Jan 25 10:45:07 2003

> Can someone please explain to me why we can't have an SO2R class??? I'm
> sorry, but it just seems such an obvious solution...
>
> 73/Carter/K8VT

It was explained very well by Tyler, K3MM.  It doesn't make sense to wipe out
years of records by creating a separate SO2R class.  I would support adding a
new
SO1R class.  You could start and set your own records.  We could have an SOAB
class as we always do and then have an SO1R class (with band change limits of
course to keep everyone honest).

BARTG Sprint pretty slow.  I'm actually running SO1R at the moment, testing
a Belkin F5U103 USB-to-serial adapter with the MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog and
it's working great generating FSK.  So far, no problems to report.

73, Don AA5AU