[RTTY] So2R--try writing a rule separating SO2R

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] So2R--try writing a rule separating SO2R
From: k5dj at austin.rr.com (Ron K5DJ)
Date: Sun Jan 26 15:26:46 2003
 Hum! I haven't been on the RTTY Reflector in a while, if memory recalls the
 same conversation was going on the last time I checked it out. Sure glad I
 haven't missed anything since I last checked it out.

>"When will any/all understand that there is no "campaign" to separate
SO2R?"

   Well it would seem there is a Campaign of some kind in regard to SO2R.

>"What I intended to say is: "no campaign to restrict or penalize"!

   That's an easy thing to say, change it where it means something isn't.
Since
   ALL SO2R ops are using ONE radio at a time. That's the key. ONE RADIO ON
THE
   AIR AT A TIME. For some reason some aren't getting the true meaning of
what
   one radio on the air at a time really means. It means who ever wrote the
rules
   to include SO2R knew exactly what he was doing when he wrote it, and
plugged
   most all loopholes to get around it..

>"Separate---yes"

   What on earth are you going to separate???  The fact is SO2R ops are
still only
   have one radio on the air at a time. How do you separate one radio on the
air at
   a time. Sort of like separating your first name. R on - Ro n - R o n,
still means
   Ron, or in most cases someone would figure you had fat fingers when you
typed it.

   You will have to figure out a way to separate SO1R and SO2R from being
the same.
   Making it possible for SO2R Ops to operate both radio's at the same time
would
   change things. A SO2R could do all functions on two bands at the same
time. Sort
   of a SO/Multi-2 category.  How does that look!!!  Naw, I think I will
stick to
   SO1R and have a second radio I can use of other bands, but still use only
one
   radio at a time..

>"Restrict or penalize---not at all."

   It looks good in print even listening to it sound good. The fact is your
still
   trying to ride a dead horse and make him go faster. I don't know or have
a good
   answer to change things to make everyone happy with the on going SO2R
debate. I
   truly wish I did. I will say, you come up with a rule change, get them
approved,
   and we S/W developers will get it in the modules, if we are told about it
in time
   for the next test..

   73, de Ron K5DJ
=========

"When will any/all understand that there is no "campaign" to separate SO2R?"

What I intended to say is: "no campaign to restrict or penalize"!
Separate---yes
Restrict or penalize---not at all

C'Ya, Shelby