[RTTY] NAQP and Cabrillo

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] NAQP and Cabrillo
From: chen at mac.com (Kok Chen)
Date: Sun Feb 23 21:22:17 2003
Something just occurred to me: if someone had sent a name
that is more than 10 characters long, such as IAMBIGIDIOT,
it could really foul up Cabrillo's NAQP format.

I am setting my Cabrillo generator to truncate the name strings
to 10 characters.  What is the "correct" behavior for this (other
than banning idiots)?

Since it does not require that we send a serial number during
RTTY NAQP, I presume we should leave the QSO number
field blank in Cabrillo?

(See http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/qso-template.html for
the format for "NAQP and NA Sprint).

Ditto QTH field for non-North American exchanges, I presume
that should be left blank?

Should be fun to see what the robot thinks...

73
Chen, W7AY