[RTTY] VOLTA contest

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] VOLTA contest
From: ks0m at ktis.net (Dick White)
Date: Mon May 12 17:56:16 2003
Band condx was the same in Missouri as it was everywhere else. Not good at
all. 1st DX was DL3IW at 1441z. 2nd DX was YV5AAX at 1829z and 2nd Europe
was GW5NF at 1930z.  I was able to work 13 different European calls. Great
to work ZL2AMI on 20 M and ZL2BR and KH6ND on 15/20 M. Pleased to finally
work 2 JA's and FO5PS.

The rules state " Contacts between stations within the same country will not
be valid. e.g: a W2 station can work a W3, W4, W9 etc., but not a W2
station."  I had a hard time trying to convince several W0 stations that we
could not work each other. My WF1B program would not log a W0 call. I looked
at the rules and found out why. Some W0's kept trying anyway. Also, I  did
not appreciate the  "ham" who gave Larry, VQ9LA, a hard time because Larry
was not in the contest and was not giving out serial numbers. I did
appreciate the real ham who worked Larry and took the time out of the
contetst for a short QSO and thanked Larry for working him. Big difference
in public relations for ham radio.
Will make my small effort in ANARTS next month.
73....Dick / KS0M

    VOLTA RTTY DX Contest May, 2003
    Call used: KS0M
    Location:  MO
    Power Output: 150 watts
    Entry Class:A1 - Single Op, All Band
    Band    QSOs      Pts Mults
    40         2        6     1
    20        67      718    33
    15         4      108     3
    Total     73      832    37

    Intercontinent DX on 4 bands: 0          Claimed Score: 2247232

Richard C. "Dick" White         ks0m@ktis.net
Fulton,  MO. 65251 USA