[RTTY] Last NRJ issue received

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Last NRJ issue received
From: pactor at pactor.com (Phil Sussman)
Date: Wed Jun 4 19:53:31 2003
To Tom and others,

I disagree with Tom on this subject. Certainly the NRJ published
information of interest to the RTTY community. However, the costs
of publication and distribution keep rising and form a significant
hurdle that must be overcome for any written publication to survive.

With the rise of internet communication and decline of the economy
in general the first victim is advertizing revenue. Thus, something
has to give. Either prices must rise or services will decline.

As editor of PACTOR NEWS, we also face same challenge. Our publication
went from every other month to quarterly this year and the number of
pages per issue has declined. Yet we continue on due to the loyalty of
subscribers and the support of the PACTOR community.

Two years ago, when Dale Sinner first announced his retirement our
publication expanded to include RTTY and some RTTY writers wrote for us.
When Bill Henry re-introduced the NRJ the RTTY community embraced it and
RTTY writers migrated there.

"Use it or lose it," does indeed apply, every day and with every mode;
with publications and with Ham Radio in general.

Publishing a newsletter requires time and dedication. It also requires
money. Hats off to Bill Henry, a true gentleman.

Phil Sussman - N8PS
Editor: PACTOR NEWS

-----