[RTTY] Re: ANARTS not requiring the / ?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Re: ANARTS not requiring the / ?
From: pcooper at guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Tue Jun 10 13:56:35 2003
Hi Phil and all,

Interesting point Phil, in that the rules do not state the you MUST sign
/portable whatever, BUT, it is in your interests to do so.
If you do not, and for example, I work a W6XXX who gives me a Zone of 5,
then I will be going back to him again and again, and clarifying that fact,
thus wasting everyones time.

I suspect that the omission is simply due to the fact that the rules have
been in place since before the changes to the licence structure.

However, since call areas are mults, and zones are part of the exchange, it
would be useful to the rest of us if you all used the portable designator
that is correct for your zone.

Phil, I do hope to be able to work you on RTTY, so do keep an eye out for my
callsign on your screen.

73 all, and let's hope that conditions are good for ANARTS this year!
Phil GU0SUP