[RTTY] Lost Opportunity?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Lost Opportunity?
From: sp6axw at poczta.onet.pl (Kazik)
Date: Wed Jul 2 08:43:45 2003
Frank ZL2BR wrote:
..
"I have a feeling that all that is
going to happen, as is does in many contests, is that the EU
stations (and maybe N. American stations to a limited degree), will
be busy most of contest working each other on 5 bands, and when
they get fed up with that, they will try and work some dx.
What do others think ?   Especially those of you not living in Europe
or North America!"

Hi Frank,
do you suggest to work only real DX, outside of your own continent? It would be
good  solution for big guns but not for such "little piston" like me. I can not
estimate how many qso will be in my log but I am sure that much much less than
now.
In Europe, we have many local restrictions in building up antennas and using
high power amplifiers. So DX-ing is a little bit difficult now.
I like the contests with large number of contesters a most. There is nothing
more boring than cq without answer and calm band.
But it is a good idea for looking for a new kind of multipliers. I think it can
be your age, the highest speed you ever drove or number of trees in your garden
;-)

Kazik
sp6axw