[RTTY] WAE 2002 results online

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WAE 2002 results online
From: aa5au at bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Tue Jul 15 16:06:53 2003
Wow,

I must have missed a heck of a contest.  Congratulations to all the winners.
Scores were way up in 2002.  Condx must have been excellent.

I applaud DARC for rule changes implemented in 2002 including dropping
the 10 minute rule for single ops and the addition of the low power single op
category.  This helped activity quite a bit as even the multi-op records were
broken for World (EU) and Africa.

A big congratulations to Wayne, N2WK, for the World title with a new
World Record - the first time it's been done from the USA.  That's huge!

Dropping of the 10-minute rule for single ops helped set records for World,
EU, Japan, USA, Canada, SA, OC and SWL.  I don't know what the propagation
numbers were that weekend (I was duck hunting), but I'm sure they helped
contribute to the new records as well.

All Records for WAEDC RTTY, 2001 and 2002, have been updated at:

http://www.rttycontesting.com/records.html

CU in NAQP this weekend.

73, Don AA5AU