[RTTY] RTTY Scores-3830 A good reason

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY Scores-3830 A good reason
From: KH6DV at cs.com (KH6DV@cs.com)
Date: Sun Jul 20 15:02:09 2003
I agree with Bernies suggestion about posting our rtty contest logs on 3830
but I have an additional reason to do so.  most of you will remember the
discussion a while back between cw contesters and rtty operators about using
the
lower 7Mhz frequencies during periods when there were both cw and rtty contests
active. One of the arguments used by cw contesters was that there is little
rtty contest participation.  The suggestion was made on this reflector that
everyone post scores to the 3830 reflector in an effort to show them they were
wrong.  This was done and actually had a dual effect. A number of non rtty
contesters saw the postings and became curious about rtty contesting, and
eventually
participated. We have all seen the rise in participation over the last year
or so, some of this was due to better exposure on the 3830 reflector. To a
contester there are seldom too many contests, if a cw/ssb contester adds rtty
his/her efforts, that's just that much more fun for all f us.  How many times
have we all asked how we can increase participation in our favorite contest
mode.  Posting scores to the 3830 reflector doesn't have to change the nature
of
the rtty reflectors identity, post to both, it will have a positive effect on
rtty contesting participation. When you do post to the 3830 reflector add a
comment, a little salesmanship here wont hurt.  The number of people who read
the comment section is amazing.

Invite the world in, rtty contesting is too much fun to be missed by so many.

Ron KH6DV (KH6VV)