[RTTY] Score Posting

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Score Posting
From: wa9als at starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sun Jul 20 17:08:49 2003
----- Original Message -----
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2003 3:39 PM

> I find a discussion of a, just completed, RTTY contest
> far more entertaining than "all of the reasons why use of packet cluster
> information has led to the complete destruction of contesting"!

And certainly far more entertaining and educational than why we should use
the 3830 reflector.  This is a different discussion than whether we should
post RTTY scores on the WriteLog reflector.  The WL reflector has a lot of
CW and SSB operators on board who don't want to see RTTY scores.  However,
the RTTY reflector is ALL THINGS RTTY, and score-posting has always had a
place here.  If it weren't for the score postings, there would be very
little use of the reflector.  Well, uh, I guess there is an occasional Why
did the chicken" thread that someone starts.  Hey, do you know why...