[RTTY] RE: RTTY vs 3830

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RE: RTTY vs 3830
From: Phil.Cooper at cwgg.cwplc.com (Phil Cooper)
Date: Mon Jul 21 03:54:49 2003
Hi all,

Sorry I didn't take part in the NAQP, but conditions were poor, and in
(almost) 1 hour of listening, the only US station I heard was May WA1EHK on
20m, and I couldn't hear ANY of the other W's she was working.
That sorry fact decided that the pub was going to be a better option,
especially as we have been having rather warm weather at present!

Anyway, it has been interesting to see the various arguments about the
reasons for posting to one or the other reflector.

I do agree with Shelby's sentiments on this one, as not only do we tend to
post scores, we also post queries, complaints, hints, tips and general
thoughts on the RTTY refelctor. This - as explained - is a hang-up from the
old WF1B reflector.
One "negative" about the 3830 is that almost nobody posts any comments on
the 3830! Nearly all posts simply show the score, and the comments field is
blank.

The comments posted on the RTTY reflector with the scores are most often
helpful, can be very informative, and generally help us all in some small
way.
They also help with chasing the DX too, as there will always be one or two
comments about some choice dx-call that happened by, and then entered the
contest, giving many of us the chance at a new one.

As it happens, I do post my score on the 3830 site, but still do so on the
RTTY reflector as well. I once made the mistake of posting a score on the
Writelog reflector, but that was a mistake!

I am hoping to make a (very) small entry in the Russian RTTY this weekend,
but I am involved with the IOTA Contest, and will be part of the GU8D team
(QSL via G3LZQ please) operating from our club station.

Very best 73 for now
Phil GU0SUP
(Also needing P29 on RTTY!)

and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the author immediately and delete it, together
with all copies, from your system.  You are unauthorised to
directly, or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy
any part of this message if you are not its intended recipient.
 Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of
Cable and Wireless Guernsey.

Information held on any of Cable and Wireless Guernseys'
computer systems is the property of Cable and Wireless Guernsey.
Cable and Wireless Guernsey reserves the right to monitor
and review the content of all information, messages and
attachments sent to or from this e-mail address.