[RTTY] RE: RTTY vs 3830

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RE: RTTY vs 3830
From: aa5au at bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Mon Jul 21 10:52:51 2003
Phil, GU0SUP wrote:
> I do agree with Shelby's sentiments on this one, as not only do we tend to
> post scores, we also post queries, complaints, hints, tips and general
> thoughts on the RTTY refelctor. This - as explained - is a hang-up from the
> old WF1B reflector.
> One "negative" about the 3830 is that almost nobody posts any comments on
> the 3830! Nearly all posts simply show the score, and the comments field is
> blank.

3830 posting is great but there is no way to reply directly to the person like
there used to be.  I like to be able to reply to comments made in the post.
When
scores with comments are posted to the RTTY reflector, I'm able to do that.
Some
comments make good for discussion for the group as well.

I agree with Shelby and Phil.  The RTTY reflector was created when the WF1B
reflector went away.  So we have mostly RTTY contesters here.  Sure, there are
other discussions here about RTTY DX, MMTTY, WriteLog, etc., and that is
good, but there are also reflectors for each of those as well.  If you don't
wish
to read a post, simply delete it.

When I post my score here, I normally get a few direct replies about this or
that
and I enjoy these post-contest discussions whether on the reflector or private.
 Another
thing I like to do is reply to new operators, thanking them for contacts,
congratulating
them on their effort and wishing them well in future RTTY events.  Did you see
the score from WO4O?  Single radio, first RTTY contest.  Wow... Great job!

I understand the privacy issue associated with having people post their scores
3830 and I agree that the person's E-mail address should not be displayed unless
they want it to be displayed.  But since there is no easy way to directly reply
scores and comments posted at 3830, I would encourage everyone to still post
their scores and comments here for possible discussion.

73, Don AA5AU