[RTTY] My first contact

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] My first contact
From: dl6jz at t-online.de (dl6jz@t-online.de)
Date: Thu Jul 31 01:54:37 2003
Hi Paul,

congrats to your entry into the RTTY world and welcome!

Paper logging isn't the state of the art at all and will become more
and more inconvenient for you. There exists a lot of logging software
and every user of a specific program will tell you that "his" one is
the only and best. And so will I do.

A good software for all day logging is Logger32. Look at
http://www.qsl.net/kc4elo. It is freeware.

Another excellent freeware solution is the DXLab suite at
http://www.qsl.net/dxlab/. It's a little more complex than Logger32 and
you need a big screen or better 2 screens to use the features.

Both are doing SSB, CW, RTTY and PSK in an excellent way.

If you want to participate in contest I recommend you to use a specific
contest software. Especially for semi or full serious contesting. For
the first steps an all-day-logger will do it also. But you will not
have so much fun as with a dedicated tool. A very good contest software
is WriteLog (hhtp://www.writelog.com/). But you have to pay some
dollars for it.

As I said above there are a lot of other programs. You will get a lot
of other recommendations, I am sure. You have to make your decision and
that will not be easy.

My warning: Please don't chose this program which looks as it has the
easiest handling in your first tests. Later you will miss the one or
other function which more complex programs include.

73 + 55
Wolf, DL6JZ