[RTTY] XE1L in Africa

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] XE1L in Africa
From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 06:13:56 -0400 (EDT)
--text follows this line--
I think you might be interested in hearing that since Luis was unable
to change his plane flight, he decided to hire a car and driver and go
to Timboctuo.  There are travel warnings out about that, so....

I'm congested, the result of a cold and sinus infection, but the
fever's gone.  It's 35C in Valencia and not yet noon.  It was cooler
in Mali.

We made 2032 RTTY Q's from Mali, on 15 and 20 only, in spite of
getting hit by power failures at inopportune times, such as when 15M
was open to JA.

73, doug