Re: [RTTY] SCC RTTY AA5AU SOAB HP

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] SCC RTTY AA5AU SOAB HP
From: Bob Boyd <nt1v@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:00:14 -0400

I agree with Bill's suggestion. I also NEVER use packet spots and would rather compete against like-minded operators! (Yes, I AM an old fogey and nothing will change that!

Bob - NT1V (ex-W1VXV)

How about creating a single-op assisted category?  I never use packet
spots because I like contesting entirely on my own, but it's not fair
to compete against assisted stations.  That would allow guys like me
to do WRTC-style bare bones contesting, which I greatly admire.  I
guess I sound like an old fogey here, but to me, contesting should
either be one guy against the world, or a bunch of guys working
together like in a club situation.  Having one guy with packet
assistance somehow violates my sense of what it's all about.  :-)

I realize opinions differ, but wouldn't that be better?

--
Bill, W7TI