Re: [RTTY] SCC RTTY AA5AU SOAB HP

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] SCC RTTY AA5AU SOAB HP
From: <wx4tm@tm-moore.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:00:11 -0500
I like the rules just the way they are.. Its a different contest..
They make the rules.. we abide by them or we simply don't play.
Some favor Europe, others don't. Some have a high power class, others
don't. Some start at times favoring the USA. Some start at times
favoring EU, etc.  If they were all the same, it'd sure nuff get pretty
boring, pretty quick. Personally, I think contest organizers, should
make a SO2R (or SO1R) category based on simple factual scoring logic.
But that's their decision. I don't threaten to not play in their
contests and I sure haven't insulted them by telling them their "rule
sucks" in an open forum. Why must SO2R ops be given a better chance
than they already have? Heck, SO2R ops are already the best we have.
AA5AU got first place NA in this contest last year under the same rules!
This is a contest where SO2R OPS, running SO1R, can really show us what
they can do when the going gets tough. Or do you mean to tell me that
USA ops have to run SO2R in this contest to equal or beat the Europeans?
The SCC group clearly states their rules are intented to 'level the
playing field'. And I think they do that as best as is humanly possible.
If more US stations would participate in the SCC, I think the 'serious
minded' USA contesters would have a better opportunity to win.
Opening up the SCC to efficient SO2R operation and allowing packet
cluster
would very little for the 'average' contester and would only offer the
'serious contester' a (big maybe) better chance to compete with the
Europeans. So Lets quit complaining, and instead build better antennas,
develop better contest strategies, and encourage more participation!

Just my .02 cents worth..

Tom WX4TM