[RTTY] FRIEND Files

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] FRIEND Files
From: Rfmandmpm@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:30:57 EDT
Hello RTTY Friends;

I enjoyed the SCC contest and all the contacts, especially from people who
used their FRIEND file. It made their contacts more personal. Like N1MGO, I do
not like to be called by the wrong name. I finally succeeded in getting the
previous FRIEND file corrected to BOB from BEN, however it is back to BEN in
the
file that was recently released.

I had two choices: (1) change my name to BEN or (2) create my own FRIEND
file. I chose the second option.

I also had problems with the large FRIEND files on my slow computer, so I
deleted several thousand names of stations that I had never heard. I also
deleted
Club stations and calls with the name "GUYS". I included the most active
callsigns from the past three years from DJ3NG SIGI's website <A
HREF="http://www.rtty-contest-scene.com/";>
http://www.rtty-contest-scene.com/</A>   and most stations that contacted me
over the past year. I
included calls like KI6DY and KI6DY/0, a few inactive calls like J41YM Olda and
W6/G0ATZ Eddie and about one hundred calls that are still waiting for a name. I
ended up with about 2000 lines.

No doubt, my FRIEND file has many errors. If your name is incorrect in the
recently published FRIEND file or if you would like to be included in this
smaller file, kindly send the correct information, e.g. N1MGO=GORDON to   <A
HREF="mailto:k7rfm@aol.com";>
ve6yr@aol.com</A>

I will be happy to e-mail a copy of my 24 KB FRIEND.ini file to any
interested active RTTY operator.

Hope to see you in the CQ/RJ WW on September 27.

73 de Bob  <A HREF="mailto:k7rfm@aol.com";>ve6yr@aol.com</A>