Re: [RTTY] "WKD B4 THIS BAND"

To: "RTTY Contest" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] "WKD B4 THIS BAND"
From: <wx4tm@tm-moore.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:05:33 -0500
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
To: "RTTY Contest" <rtty@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 5:20 PM

> wx4tm@tm-moore.com wrote: "... I never understood why anyone
> wanted to send the "WKD B4 THIS BAND" response"
>
> Another "I agree to disagree, agreeably" situation. My "QSO B4" buffer
> contains, not only the band, but the time, which allows the calling
station
> to determine just exactly whom they worked, and correct their log
during the
> contest. ! By using both date and time, I had none that insisted on
working
> again, in CQWW.
>
> C'Ya, Shelby

Maybe a good idea.. and maybe I'm missing something here. What
confidence do you have that he went back and corrected his log?? If he
didn't, neither of you get credit for the QSO.  He has to stop, write
down what you sent and (now or later) go back and manually fix his log..
In the mean time, he stands to loose more time (QSO's) than he would
gain by taking the time to correct his log to show the QSO with you.
Will/did he do it??  Why risk it? Why not just go ahead and work him so
you'll both 'know' you have a good QSO in the log??.. an extra 15-20
seconds (maybe less) once every couple of hours or so is no big deal..
is it?

73,
Tom