Re: [RTTY] CQ/RJ WW RTTY WK6I SOAB HP

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ/RJ WW RTTY WK6I SOAB HP
From: Jeff Stai WK6I <wk6i@twistedoak.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 10:59:41 -0700
yes - usually I operate CW that way - the thing I like about RIT on the
1000D is that I can always "snap back" to my calling frequency by pushing
the clear button (the next guy is always on freq for some reason) - I know I
can also hit the "A>B" button, but it is hiding under the big VFO A knob and
I am tall...;-) I keep the rig to my left so I can tune with my left and
mouse with my right.

I did notice fewer off-freq callers, though some were WAAAAY off - on the
other hand, when you get three callers dead on your freq and nothing
meaningful is printing, you kind of wish that one of them would drift off a
little...

73 and thanks! - jeff wk6i

ps: AA5AU's "<call1> QSL NOW <call2>" trick was really useful for those
pileups - callers seemed to really appreciate the crisp response. thanks!

At 07:52 AM 10/3/2003, FireBrick wrote:
>I've been doing it this way for a while.
>On the MP, transmit on vfob for cqing
>listen and tune with vfoa.
>
>and if I get sleepy, setting WL/MMTTY to AFC helps a bit also.
>But I find that I can usually manually tune faster than AFC can correct.
>
>BTW: That was something I noticed an improvement on in the last contest.
>Didn't do a lot of cqing, but found that people were calling on frequency
>much more than in past.
>Guess they are learning MMTTY's NET/AFC use also

Jeff Stai               jds@twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/
Rocketry Org. of CA     http://www.rocstock.org/
Amateur Radio           WK6I