Re: [RTTY] Re: [WriteLog] Writelog, MMTTY Weird keying problem

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Re: [WriteLog] Writelog, MMTTY Weird keying problem
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 19:16:01 -0500
A "9" and "5" must be very similar in Baudot.  I could look it up but I'm
feeling lazy right now.  I see AA9AU a LOT on weak signals coming back
to me on one of my two screens.  If the other decoder shows a "5" I don't
worry about OR if I see someone using the Friend file and I see my name
I don't worry about it.  If I see a "9" in my call on both screens then I
request
a correction of my call.

That is the beauty of "dual receive" and the Friend file.

When I print OH1F on 40 and 20, the signal was fluttered both times and
print was difficult.  I'm not saying that some setting in MMTTY was the cause,
but flutter could have been a major factor in decoding their signal.

73, Don AA5AU