[RTTY] Re: [WriteLog] Writelog, MMTTY Weird keying problem

To: "Timo Pohjola" <timo.pohjola@saunalahti.fi>, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Re: [WriteLog] Writelog, MMTTY Weird keying problem
From: "Barry " <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 20:46:04 -0000
Timo,
My guess is it's propagation causing a missed bit. Maybe some multi-
path or polar flutter. I've often noticed 5's get changed into 9's,
which is a shifted second bit (5=10000 and 9=11000). In your case,
1=10111 and  7=00111, so that is a missed first bit. 8=00110, which
would be a missed first and fifth bit. I suspect you saw OH7 a lot
more than OH8.
I don't think it has anything to do with MMTTY or Writelog.
73,
Barry W2UP