[RTTY] QTC's and contests

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] QTC's and contests
From: Phil Cooper <Phil.Cooper@cwgg.cwplc.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:17:52 -0000
Hi all,

Well, the subject has of QTC's has certainly stirred up a hornets nest,
hasn't it?

I guess it just goes to show that each and everyone of us has a different
agenda where contests are concerned.
The main point of entering a contest for me is simply to have FUN! OK, I
also chase new DXCC entities, and for me, contests are a great way to do it.
Whether you like QTC's or not is beside the point. It is just another
"exchange" to be completed. If one is going to complain a little, I guess
the CQWW is probably the least challenging, as - if you use dedicated
contest software - the exchange is completed for you!
BARTG require the exchange of the time of the contact, and that too has
received complaints!

I guess it sort of boils down to whether you enter a contest to WIN, at
whatever cost, or simply to take part and have fun!

I rather got the impression that several folk were implying that QTC's were
only effective between big guns, and that little pistols would lose out.
This is NOT the case as far as I am concerned, as this past WAEDC proved. I
got many QTC's from W's who said I was weak with them, but they were booming
in to me, so I took the QTC's. It doesn't matter which way they go! it
counts for points on both sides!

I will finish by saying that I don't mind if you don't want to handle QTC's,
but it is you who will be losing out on the points!
It is not rocket science, although proper contest software makes it so much
easier!

Now I am looking forward to the OK RTTY contest!

73 for now
Phil GU0SUP

and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the author immediately and delete it, together
with all copies, from your system.  You are unauthorised to
directly, or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy
any part of this message if you are not its intended recipient.
 Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of
Cable and Wireless Guernsey.

Information held on any of Cable and Wireless Guernseys'
computer systems is the property of Cable and Wireless Guernsey.
Cable and Wireless Guernsey reserves the right to monitor
and review the content of all information, messages and
attachments sent to or from this e-mail address.