Re: [RTTY] RTTY Capable Amp

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Capable Amp
From: "Anthony W. DePrato" <wa4jqs@mikrotec.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:49:14 -0500
At 07:24 PM 12/30/2003 -0500, you wrote:
my question would be how much power to safely run with a TA-33??    Ive been
runing 400 to 500 wts and it seems to be ok....thus far..
Im sure a kw would be pushing it, a lot...
any thoughts on this?
thanks  john w8wej
My thoughts would be, look at the cw rating on your tribander and then half that. the duty cycle of cw is half of what rtty is.. rtty and AM are running at the same duty rating..100% if a TA 33 is rated at 700watts cw then 300 or 400 rtty would be the max i would want to use. it all depends if the trap startes arcing and you get carbon tracking inside . is it worth the price of a new trap or antenna and time taking one down and putting the new one up..
73 Tony wa4jqs