Re: [RTTY] Ritty with Writelog

To: "Ian McCloy" <bcpiper@telus.net>, <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Ritty with Writelog
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 21:14:39 +0000
Yes it is possible, but not straightforward:

I remember doing some tests with a demo version (probably 3, but not sure) on a separate computer. I set ritty to output to a serial port and then connected a serial cable from that to the serial port I was using on the Writelog computer. I had it working, but decided it was too much hassle and expense to use it this way full time. Also, about that time MMTTY came out which seemed to work about as well with the same setup. Probably if I had $100 in ritty already I would have continued with it, because it had some neat features - it is the only program I have ever used that allowed me to see both shifts of the data at the same time (i.e, TOO and 599 simultaneously). I miss that feature. The second computer was not a problem - I had an extra old one - slow, but ritty worked FB.

Jerry W4UK