[RTTY] Re way up the band

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Re way up the band
From: Phil Cooper <Phil.Cooper@cwgg.cwplc.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 11:10:34 -0000
Hi all,

And a great advantage of the IC756 series of radios! That little TV display
showing activity on the bands is well worth having.
In the Roundup, I found several stations way above "the masses". On 15m in
particular, there were stations from 21.073 right up to 21.110, but on one
occasion, I found a solitary signal around 21.125. You will often find May
WA1EHK way above "pile" too.
Even on 20m, there were stations well above 14.100.

Sometimes, it just pays to go a little further, although I am not sure that
is a valid comment for 40m!
I heard loads of CW nuts sending QSY QSY QSY in CW on 7030, and even around
7034. I even had one nutcase who was sending THIS IS SSB SECTION PLS QSY
over and over again in RTTY on 7040.

I wonder what some of them would think if we all decided to play RTTY on 40m
during CQWW CW ??? A shame they can't live and let live!

Very best 73
Phil GU0SUP

and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the author immediately and delete it, together
with all copies, from your system.  You are unauthorised to
directly, or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy
any part of this message if you are not its intended recipient.
 Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of
Cable and Wireless Guernsey.

Information held on any of Cable and Wireless Guernseys'
computer systems is the property of Cable and Wireless Guernsey.
Cable and Wireless Guernsey reserves the right to monitor
and review the content of all information, messages and
attachments sent to or from this e-mail address.