Re: [RTTY] Operating above 21.100 or 28.100 rtty

To: k0bx@qsl.net, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Operating above 21.100 or 28.100 rtty
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 15:47:27 +0000
I think everybody knows they have to cut back there, Joe. That is probably why there was such a crowd below .1 - all the QRO guys prefer to be below .1. I know it influences my choice of operating freq. In the RU once I was returning to 15 and just couldn't find a spot in my normal range, and had to cut back the power and sit for awhile above .1.

I use only wire dipoles here and I REALLY need full power to be heard, and it is frustrating to have to cut back to low power.

I would assume the low power guys would actually choose to operate there to avoid the QRO competition. I think I would if not QRO.

Jerry W4UK