RE: [RTTY]SO2R <was> - lets stir the pot again!

To: "'rtty@contesting.com'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY]SO2R <was> - lets stir the pot again!
From: Schulz Jonathan <jonathan.schulz@siemens.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 14:00:41 -0600
I've only been on the RTTY scene for a year but I've seen the SO2R debate on
the CQ-Contest reflector for years now, for what  I consider a well thought
out and concise argument please see
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/2002-04/msg00415.html

for those who don't want to bother I quote his closing paragraph

"If you like SO2R operate it. If you don't like SO2R don't operate it.
But if you chose not to operate it, don't claim it should have it's own
category because that's NOT WHY categories exist. Only when this is
understood will the cyclical SO2R debate finally end.

73, Nat, WZ3AR
<nat@ajheatwole.com>"

After playing in a years worth of RTTY contests I can see where SO2R could
potentially help the score - but it is still a skill set that needs to be
practiced and refined, if you think it will help you - just do it. I have
enough on my plate just trying to do 1 radio contesting, tyvm.

My whole goal contesting is to get better each time out and failing that to
just have some fun. I usually succeed in both counts, :-)

73
Jon
K9JS