Re: [RTTY] CABRILLO TOOLS HELP

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CABRILLO TOOLS HELP
From: Richard Ferch <ve3iay@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:59:25 -0500
On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 at 17:52:53 -0800, Kok Chen wrote:

Cabrillo is such an easy format to target, there must be *someone* who can code up a small program, or a script, to convert from some other known format. Most of you don't run MacOS X, or I would whip up a quick converter app.

Problem is, there are so many slightly different Cabrillo formats. I have compiled a collection from the Cabrillo web site plus contest organizers' web sites, at
http://www.storm.ca/~ve3iay/qsoform.txt . You might find the variety surprising. It's not really hard to generate any one of them, nor are the differences all that difficult to deal with, but you wouldn't want to have to create a new converter for every contest either. That's the best thing about the WT4I Cabrillo Converter program; at least for the contests it supports (the list includes most RTTY contests), it takes care of all the minor differences for you.

73,
Rich VE3IAY