Re: [RTTY] Suggestion for Dayton Hotel for RTTY Ops...

To: llindblom@juno.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Suggestion for Dayton Hotel for RTTY Ops...
From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:38:50 -0500 (EST)
I've got to say this one looks good, also.  The Howard Johnson's is
just across the highway from the Ramada, so that's a good alternative,
and it looks like this one is a couple of miles from the Ramada by
freeway, so it looks OK, too.  As far as I can tell, there's no public
transportation here, either, so for me, it's a wash.

73, doug

   Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:06:00 GMT
   From: llindblom@juno.com

   Here is he hotel We're book into at $89 plus tax per night for two people.
On exit south of last years hotel and that much closer to the Arena.

   73 W0ETC

   Best Western
   Executive Hotel
   2401 Needmore Road, Dayton, Ohio, United States, 45414
   Phone: 937-278-5711  Toll Free Reservations: 888-492-7141  Fax: 937-278-6048

    Hotel Amenities

    Restaurant
    Lounge
    Live entertainment
    Indoor pool
    Sauna
    Exercise facility
    Meeting/banquet facilities for up to 350
    Fax and photocopy services
    Conference services staff
    Catering staff
    Truck parking
    Free parking
    Safe deposit box
    Alarm system
    Children under 12 stay free
    Accessible public areas for physically challenged

    Hotel Rooms

    Cable television with HBO®
    Free local telephone calls
    Coffee maker
    Hairdryer
    Iron and ironing board
    Desk/work area
    Dataports
    Non-smoking rooms available
    Rollaway beds available

    Hotel Information

   Number of Guest Rooms: 225
   Number of Floors: 2
   Check In: 3:00 P.M.     Check Out: 12:00 Noon
   Currency : United States Dollars (USD)
   Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
   Pet Policy: No pets allowed.
   Child Policy : Children 12 And Under Are Free In Room With One Paying Adult.

   Meeting Space: Accommodates up to 350

      From: "Ron K5DJ" <k5dj@austin.rr.com>
      Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 00:58:23 -0000

       I can make one suggestion for a RTTY Hotel. It real close to where
       we stayed last year and about $20.00 bucks cheaper then what the
       Howard Johnson's wants for a room this year.. The Ramada Inn (Dayton
       North)has all the facilities Handycapped facilities, Lounge, Meeting
       Rooms if needed, Pool, Restaurant, Health Club, Airport Lemo service.
       For me I want a Lounge/Bar, a restraunt and a bed to sleep in. We can
       all meet in the Bar and have a blast..

   Further information-  I was able to book this through the Ramada Inn
   web site at $95. per night.  According to the hotel web site, it's 7
   1/2 miles from Hara, and it's clear that this is NOT possible on the
   local bus system.

   I'd be willing to rent a car myself, if necessary, and if we can
   carpool, or would be willing to pay a share on some elses car.

   The hotel seems to have free highspeed internet acces.
   73, doug

       Ramada Inn (North) is very close to the Arena not much traffic going
       or coming as I remember last two years. If you use the back roads.
       Ramada Inn is just across IH-75 same side of Little York Rd as Howard
       Johnson's..