[RTTY] Upside Down

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Upside Down
From: "Bill Rogers" <w3ul@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:01:44 -0500
I'm sure someone out there has dealt with this one before.

I'm just getting going on RTTY.  All of my contacts (5 lucky BARTG contesters)
so far have indicated that my transmissions are "upside down", inverted or
otherwise not polarized properly.

The setup here is a Dell laptop (Win 95) connected to a Rigblaster Plus,  both
MMTTY (running alone) and WriteLog (running alone) have been tried with the
same result, TenTec Omni VI running FSK.  Everything else seems to be
functioning OK so far.

If I use the "Reverse" button on MMTTY it changes both the receive and transmit
orientation. This is good for transmission but bad for reception.  With
Rttyrite software the shift from "FSK-Norn" to "FSK-Rev" makes it impossible to
receive and doesn't seem to change the transmit FSK tones at all.   All I want
to change is what's happening on transmit - preferably with any program I
choose.  Since I have the capability in my transceiver, I'd prefer to continue
with FSK.  It looks to me like I missed something in the documentation
somewhere.  Any suggestions appreciated.

On the TenTec Omni VI the logic levels required are less than or equal to 1.0
Vdc for MARK and equal to or greater than 2.0 Vdc for SPACE.
On the Rigblaster Plus "Key" output the miniplug tip provides a positive
pulldown in respect to the sleeve.

73, Bill/ W3UL