[RTTY] Inrad filters for rtty question

To: <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Inrad filters for rtty question
From: "David Ashworth" <fathom@Access4Less.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 05:39:21 -0000
Enjoyed the last contest and have a question for any operators that may be
using a Kenwood TS850.  I seem to have one Kenwood filter in my radio
(YK-88SN1).  There are two more empty slots for filters, one is for the 455
KHz IF and the other for the 8.83 MHz IF.  As the contest got going, I used
the slope tune control to neck down the signals, but perhaps another filter
would also help.  I see that Inrad makes several filters-a 250 for 455 and
8.83 and a 400 for 8.83.  Wonder which filter(s) would be a good choice to
reduce the adjacent stations but not get too narrow?  Thank you for your
help, Dave, NC6P.