Re: [RTTY] FT-920

To: IronmanY2K@triathlete.com, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FT-920
From: WI8W <rtty@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 20:25:33 +0000
Jim,

I use a FT-920 for RTTY Contesting.

Personally I use AFSK because it is easier to setup than FSK.

My Inrad 250 and 400 filters work just fine in the Data Mode of this radio.

This radio is highly recommended by me but only if you have the Inrad Filters.

73

Thom WI8W

IronmanY2k wrote:

Hello fellow RTTYers,

I was wondering if anyone has used the FT-920 for RTTY contesting. I am looking for a second radio for SO2R. I want to use FSK for xmit and soundcard for rcv. I am using Writelog and MMTTY. Can this radio use the 250-500hz filter for digital rcv? Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.
Jim, AD6WL