Re: [RTTY] FT-920

To: w4gkm@juno.com, RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FT-920
From: WI8W <rtty@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:19:12 +0000
Nick,

Inrad makes a filter board that takes 2 of any kind of their filters for the Yaesu. I have 2 of these boards in my 920. One carries 2 SSB filters at 2.1 and 1.8 Khz. The other carries the filters at 400 and 250 Hz for CW/RTTY. There is a pair of switches on a plate I mounted under the Main tuning knob that switches the filters. In one position just one filter is selected and in the other both are cascaded together.

This is not a very cheap way to go as I spent almost as much for the filters and boards as I did for the radio.

This is a very slick installation that makes this radio one of the best for RTTY in my opinion.

73

Thom WI8W