RE: DX Spotting was: [RTTY] T33C

To: <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: DX Spotting was: [RTTY] T33C
From: "J. Edward (Ed) Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 08:21:19 -0700
> > Some of us out here in the black hole do not have a reliable RF packet
> > connection. As for telenet, etc I only have a single phone line which I
> > do not want to keep tied up for hours on end.  Unfortunately in some
> > areas of the USA a broadband connection is not readily available.  So
> > yes, spot on the cluster but a reflector post is also appreciated.
> >

> Well, if you are not connected for telnet, how are you connected
> for email?

As they say on the cluster ... BINGO!  If you tie up your phone line long
enough to read email, you could more quickly hit the telnet cluster, search
and filter on T33C and DIGI, and you're done.  Many more (and, timely) spots
will contribute to your search than the relatively few that show up in email
messages ... and you'll tie up the phone line for less time.  In other
words, you can search the packet cluster for exactly what you want at any
time without having to tie up a phone line monitoring it continually.  No
different than email.

73,
Ed - W0YK