[RTTY] fluttered signals

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] fluttered signals
From: "Jacques RAMBAUD" <f6bki@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:34:18 -0000
Hello ,
I am new to this list, looked at the archives but have not got the answer I was
looking for:
Last week chazing T33 on RTTY we had the following problem:
T33C was at least 57, noise 52 but not readable probably too much multipath or
fluttered signals,or ??? on MMTTY i have tryed all the possible settings ,
fluttered signal , multipath , tryed several other soundcard program , all
about the same, nothing worked untill propagation changes and in a few (10)
minutes T33 was easy to copy. it happen wery often but this time it was much
more spectacular .
Here are my questions:
-what causes the signal to be so difficult to copy ? multipath ?....?
-Why is MMTTY unable to deal with such signal?
-Is there any other way , or RTTY decoder that are better in this respect , how
old TU with discrete filters (88mh) works ?
-Are the KAM or PK232 better ?
any litterature on the subject?
 Thank you
73
Jacques F6BKI  296 countries worked on RTTY