Re: [RTTY] Re: Rtty and Ritty

To: Rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Re: Rtty and Ritty
From: "Barry " <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:30:01 -0400
In my experience, MMTTY does a great job with 99% of signals.  On
some of the over the pole fluttery signals (JA, UA0, etc. from east
coast) the KAM, which I no longer own, did a marginally better job.
Though I'm not positive, I believe the MMTTY version that was current
about 3 years ago copied better with the multi-path and flutter
filters than the current version, on those signals.

When guys answer my CQ TEST, but I can't copy them due to flutter, I
always wonder what they're using to be able copy me.  Of course, even
if I asked that during a contest, I wouldn't be able to copy the
answer :.)
73,
Barry W2UP