Re: [RTTY] 160M is open

To: "'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 160M is open
From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 20:11:02 -0700
160 is generally (always?) "open," but the most common limiting factor is
noise, and this is a lousy time for 160 here unless one has a good, low
noise receiving antenna.  I can barely hear some activity at 1814.6 due to
the noise.  I have some sort of birdie or whatever at 1815 tonight, and it's
better a few down from there.

160 RTTY in mid-May...are we hard core or a bit daffy? ;-)

Jim N7US