Re: [RTTY] 160M is open

To: <llindblom@juno.com>, "rtty" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 160M is open
From: "Dave W7DPW" <w7dpw@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:51:18 -0700
I've loaded my 40Meter delta loop on 160 and had several CW Qs several
years ago.  Not the best transmitting antenna but it hears quite well.

I haven't been on 160M  much in the past number of years but I do hold
a WAS/160/CW dated 1978 before they numbered the WAS 160 separately.
I shunt fed my tower, Thats somnething to think about. We were limited
to 100 Watts output and lots of LORAN interference and lots of static
as usual.  It is a fun band and challenging.

I did have a RTTY Qso with a California station lst year as I
remember.

I have been listening on my Delta the past few nights on 1.815kHz  but
nothing heard around  03:00Z - 04:00Z..

Dave W7DPW