Re: [RTTY] RIGrunner?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RIGrunner?
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 10:45:59 -0500 (CDT)
On Mon, 31 May 2004, Jerry Pixton wrote:

-> Anyone out there using one of the Powerwerx RIGrunner units that can
-> tell me if one of the front panel connectors is used for the Source
-> line or are the units wired separately? Trying to figure out how many
-> Outputs I really get.

The RIGrunners are actually from West Mountain Radio, though I, too,
bought mine from Powerwerx.  Powerwerx' website works like it should
unlike many other online vendors.

I have the 4008 which has 9 sets of Anderson Powerpoles, one of which is
marked "DC IN".  The 4008 does NOT have the switching, only the over/under
voltage alarms.  All are on at the same time.  I assume it's a simple bus
and that if I plugged the supply line into another port, it would still
work, but I haven't tried that.

Works FB.  Have all my scanners "powerpoled" as well, which cut way down
on wall-warts (and heat inside the old Pro-7!).  Still need to tidy the
wires some more ... and get solar backup ...

Peter Laws
N5UWY/9