RE: [RTTY] RIGrunner?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] RIGrunner?
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 10:37:57 -0500
I sent a separate E-mail to Jerry with more detail, but I wanted to post to the
group that I purchased two RIGrunners from West Mountain Radio for the shack
renovation and found them to be great additions.  I have one on each radio &
their associated accessories.  I purchased the 4010S models which have the
single "smart" output and nine other outputs.  The "smart" output is connected
to the radio.  So when I turn on the radio, all other pieces of equipment
associated with that radio are activated.  The "smart" output can be bypassed
with a switch on the unit.

The PowerPole connectors are really nice too.

What's really great about the unit, is if you have a power supply failure, you
don't have to rewire everything to a new supply.  Just plug the new supply into
the RIGrunner.  I've had about three power supply failures in the last 10 years
or so (all during RTTY contests).  It doesn't happen often, but if it happens in
the middle of a contest, switching supplies can be done quickly.

73, Don AA5AU