Re: [RTTY] UK RTTY Contest

To: RTTY Reflector <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] UK RTTY Contest
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:09:03 -0700
Shelby wrote:
WOW, 6 hours with no takers! I get concerned, early in a contest, if I go 5
minutes with no takers?

I wasn't going to participate until I found 5W0DL last night simply booming in over the Pacific waters on 20m calling CQ UK. I never could resist a loud signal like that, so I quickly made up some macros (in a new AFSK software I am homebrewing, thus no time for no steenking contest) and called him.

So that my call won't be taken as a unique, I quickly found and worked an FO5, a G3 and an EA1.

When I tuned over to SSB, the band was filled wall-to-wall with loud Europeans doing some yak-yak contest. Haven't heard Eu that strong for a while. No wonder I could work the G and EA without pulling my hair out.

73
Chen, W7AY