RE: [RTTY] RTTY YV0D

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] RTTY YV0D
From: "Dave Bernstein" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 13:09:49 -0400
There's nothing wrong with asking "who's the DX?", as long as you don't
do it on the DX's transmit frequency -- unless of course he's operating
simplex and you're in QSO. A few crusty DX ops  might come back with
"why did you call me if you don't know my callsign?", but a response of
"to get to know you better" generally disarms them, or at least sets
them to sputtering.

Its true that QRM on the DX frequency is making it increasingly harder
to listen for the callsign yourself, but your saying ANYTHING on that
frequency only makes the problem worse. When the urge to do so gets
really bad, I reach for a scrap of leather (kept nearby for just this
contingency) and bite down hard.

     73,

         Dave, AA6YQ