Re: [RTTY] KN4LF Solar Space Weather and Geomagnetic Outlook

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] KN4LF Solar Space Weather and Geomagnetic Outlook
From: "John Fleming" <john@wa9als.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 08:30:56 -0500
> I have asked Tom to no longer post these bulletins to the reflector.  You
> should not see them again. There are plenty of more appropriate places on
> the Internet to get propagation information.
>
> 73 - Jim AD1C (list owner/moderator)

Guys, I want to apologize to the group, and particularly to Goetz, for my
tone yesterday that some might take as unnecessarily negative or personal.
Let's just say I was having a stressful day and shouldn't have replied to
Tom's post in haste.  My intention was only to point out that mail lists are
generally most effective when they stay focused on their topic.  I've been
on some Linux-related lists recently, and those guys are particularly
unforgiving about breeches of netiquette, and maybe I got carried away.

KN4LF let me know last night that he had been asked to not post the prop
reports, and frankly, I was a little surprised given the several positive
posts that followed mine.  This list does occasionally get a little
off-topic anyway - remember the chicken jokes?  HI  And several of us have
posted something general about prop right before a major contest.

Anyway, sorry if I caused any undue trouble.  I have enjoyed looking through
Tom's website at http://www.kn4lf.com/.

73 - John, WA9ALS