[RTTY] ZL2AMI SARTG

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>,Contesting <contesting@mail.nzart.org.nz>
Subject: [RTTY] ZL2AMI SARTG
From: Bob Stewart <rstewart@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:49:22 +0000
Hi All,

I was able to put in a full effort from Quartz Hill. The site had sufferd in
high winds a few days before the contest so I did not have a full pack of
antennas to play with.

The SARTG is always a great contest because of the three 8 hour segments
with 8 hours off between. Everyone is ON for each segment regardless of what
the propagation might be.

Stats:

0000 to 0800 Q's 196
1600 to 2400 Q's  93
0800 to 1600 Q's 166
           Total   Q's 455 (a couple of dupes in there)

Result:

Q's         Pts            DX           Call areas

453        6720        111            60

Claimed Score 1,149,120

The first 8 hours was a steady grind of LP EU mixed with 20m and 15m to NA.

The middle period was the character builder. Nothing was easy. The early
morning 40m opening to EU was worth waiting for. I had no10m antennas, they
had been taken out by the wind, however I don't think that 10m would have
been open to NA anyway.

In the last period I watched John VK4UC being spotted on 15m a couple of
hours before the band opened to Europe from ZL. The mult count was the best
in the entire contest. It was very satisfying watching the score climb, and
wondering if the mill was in reach, and it was, 30 mins before the end.

Compared with last year the Q count was well down but that's life in this
part of the solar cycle.

73

Bob ZL2AMI