Re: [RTTY] RTTY power levels

To: "RTTY" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY power levels
From: "Vladimir V. Sidorov" <eu1sa@belsonet.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:38:45 +0100
Jim,
The guidance is simple. Normally you can run any Icom at 100% nominal output
power and any Yaesu at 50% output power on RTTY. That's it...

I used to have an IC-756 and sometimes used it for Low Power work. In 2002 I
made No.8 SO 20 m in the WPX RTTY working low power. As you know, in this
contest there are no power proups for Single Band operation. It means, I had
to compete to high power people. To do that obviously I had to stay on air
all the time the band was open (it was at least some 35 hrs) and I had to
transmit a lot... With full 100Watts. Well, I did hear fans, but that's it.

And certainly there is a difference between 40 and 100 Watts...

Good luck and 73,
Vladimir EU1SA