RE: [RTTY] Testing on 7045 tonight/this morning starting at 0230Z

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] Testing on 7045 tonight/this morning starting at 0230Z
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:22:18 -0500
The test has been terminated.  It went fairly well I guess.  I figured out I got
rid of the RFI into the USB cable and discovered I was killing the TV in the
bedroom and even set off the house alarm.  Running high power is tough I guess.
500 watts was normally not a problem, but this PW-1 and KW really makes a
difference.

There is no problem with the TV in the shack or living room, but my new flat
screen TV in the bedroom is getting hammered.  I wrapped the 75 ohm cable around
a #77 toroid a few times and it helped but on certain channels it knocked the TV
completely off (turned it off).

I ordered some ICE high pass filters a week ago and hope that will cure the
problem.  I'll let ya'll know of course.

Thanks to everyone that called me tonight.  It was an interesting test.  The
station is ready for high power but the rest of the house (and probably the
neighbors) are not.

73, Don AA5AU