Re: [RTTY] Convert URL to #'s

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Convert URL to #'s
From: Ekki Plicht <ep@plicht.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:33:40 +0200
On Monday 20 September 2004 20:13, Wayne KC1YF wrote:
>    Can anyone tell me how to find out what the numbers are (URL address)
> for myway.com?  Maybe you can just tell me how to change all the alpha
> addresses to numbers???73,Wayne from Maine, KC1YF

I assume that you mean the IP adress of a webserver when talking about
'numbers'.
To find out the IP adress of a URL you have to do a DNS (Domain Name Service)
lookup. This usually done by your webbrowser automatically in the net-wide
DNX service whenever you enter or click on a URL.

You can do it manually here:
        http://www.dnsstuff.com
Look at the left, top most entry box 'DNS lookup', enter any URL you like and
click on lookup. Entering the same data in 'WHOIS lookup' will show you who
owns this URL, and there is a lot more cool stuff on that website.

Usually you shouldn't need the numeric IP adresses...

73,
Ekki, DF4OR